Department of International Studies and Contemporary History - Faculty of History and Philosophy, Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca in cooperation with Middle East Political and Economic Institute (MEPEI) of Bucharest are organizing the following educational event:
Regional and Global Impact Crisis – Paradigm Shifting
International Summer School 2016
July 11-15, 2016
(Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Faculty of History and Philosophy Halls)
The main objective of Summer School is to offer a high-profile study course in the foreign and security policy issues, based on lectures, interactive workshops and simulations with internationally recognized scholars and experts.
There will also be side activities besides the classroom lectures and discussions, i.e. film projections and cultural discoveries in the heart of Transylvania.
The teaching language of the summer school is English (for the international speakers’ lectures and presentations). At the end of the school, you will receive certificate of course attendance issued by the Babeș-Bolyai University.
Students currently enrolled in university programs in International Relations, Security Studies, Political Science, History, European Studies, Economics, Journalism etc. and also professionals for pertaining fields.
Agenda includes topics such as:
- § Middle Eastern crises and conflicts
- § Iran’s nuclear deal
- § NATO in a new security environment
- § The Balkans
- § The migration crises in Europe
- § Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Threats
- § Future of Ukraine and of the Eastern region
- § Mr. Jason WISEMAN, Secretary General at the Atlantic Treaty Association, Brussels, Belgium;
- § Professor Kayhan BARZEGAR, Director of the Institute for Middle East Strategic Studies, Tehran, Iran;
- § Mrs. Valerie HOPKINS, journalist, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network, Pristina, Kosovo - TBC;
- § Lecturer Pierpaolo GREZZI, IASEM Scientific Coordinator and Chair of History Arabic Philosophy at University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy;
- § Professor Milos SOLAJA, Faculty of Political Science, the University of Banja Luka, Bosnia-Herzegovina;
- § Aleksandar DEDOVIC, expert on Balkans studies, ALPHA Center, Niksic, Montenegro.
- § Scholars from Babeș-Bolyai University and other university;
- § Experts on the topics;
- § Diplomats.
Participation fee amounts to 300 RON / 75 EUR. Accommodation (double rooms) for participants from outside Cluj-Napoca can be arranged upon request at a discounted price.