The Middle East Political and Economic Institute (MEPEI) organizes the internship program addressed to students, researchers and any other persons interested in the study of the Middle East and North Africa region.
MEPEI interns are provided with the opportunity to do real work and complete assignments and receive training from their supervisors.
MEPEI is seeking candidates who are dynamic, creative, and motivated which would like to contribute to our research teams.
The Program has several benefits:
– Issuance of an attendance certificate and recommendation from MEPEI;
– Publication of specialized articles;
– Opportunities to discuss with experts from the fields of government, academia, non-profit and private economic sector;
– Access to events that can enhance your understanding of current topics in Middle East, and to expand your professional network;
– Some logistical support.
Applications can be sent according to the interest shown, without a specific date.
Start and end dates of the internships are flexible.
To apply for an internship, please send the following items in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV / Resume;
- Cover letter;
- Three-page (maximum) written essay (English or Romanian) on an important topic addressing the current situation in the Middle East and North Africa.
Preference is given to persons having the following skills:
– Language skills: mandatory knowledge of English / French; competences in the following languages are a plus: Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, Chinese, and Russian;
– Communication skills: very good;
– Organizational / managerial skills: teamwork, initiative, consistency;
– Personal skills: committed and eager to learn;
– Digital skills: independent and experienced user.
The main activities:
– Monitoring of media sources;
– Writing minutes after different activities;
– Editing of news, articles and short analyzes;
– Elaboration of outlines on different foreign policy topics;
– Quantitative and qualitative analysis of events in the Middle East and North Africa;
– Liaising with different domestic and foreign organizations / institutions;
– Providing assistance in organizing events, preparing conferences, public events and seminars;
– Assistance in the conduct of administrative activities (preparation of documents, correspondence);
– Making postings and updates online.
Equally, MEPEI encourages collaboration with people living outside Bucharest or abroad, offering the possibility of on-line collaborations.