We have the honor to invite you to the event dedicated to the launching of the report “Multiculturalism in the context of the modern globalizing world. The Romanian narrative on pluralism and diversity”. This report is the result of the ongoing research project implemented by the Bucharest Office of the International Fund for Cooperation and Partnership of the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea (BSCSIF) in cooperation with the Middle East Political and Economic Institute (MEPEI).
The event will take place on Thursday, 8th of June 2017, 11:00 AM, at the Palace of Parliament, in the Conference Hall, the 2nd floor, Building C3. A large number of governmental, diplomatic, cultural, academic personalities and also experts on the topic are expected to attend the event.
The concept of multiculturalism has already a global meaning, as it has been for a few decades in the center of philosophical, sociological, and political talks. It puts into the discussion, in the context of the new social and identity dynamics generated by globalization, a new order and stability centered on the persistence of the model and virtues of the nation-state. It is more and more invoked, being perceived as a solution or as a threat, in the attempt to refurbish a more and more complex reality, based on pluralism and interdependence of cultures, ethnic groups, and multiplicity of individuals.
The general issues of multiculturalism and diversity are managed officially in Romania, above all, through the perspective of national and religious minorities. The history and geographic position made it possible, through centuries, that on the Romanian territory, many populations settled and joined the native Romanian background, contributing to its identity, cultural and linguistic genesis. In this context, the report highlights Romania’s experience as an example of diversity and tolerance.
Mr. Kamal ABDULLAYEV, Presidential Adviser on multiculturalism and religious affairs will join the event together with Dr. Chingiz ABDULLAYEV, the President of BSCSIF, President of Azerbaijan Pen Club, Secretary of Azerbaijan Writer Association, „Tudor Arghezi” Award Winner.
We appreciate your contribution, in the context of debating multiculturalism and tolerance, subject at the core of the research project.
The main Romanian speakers are:
– Mr. Gigel-Sorinel ŞTIRBU, President of the Permanent Commission for culture, arts and media, the Parliament of Romania – TBC;
– Mr. Victor Paul DOBRE, President of the Friendship Parliamentary Group Romania – the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Parliament of Romania;
– Mr. Cătălin RAIU, PhD., adviser of the state secretary for religious affairs, Government of Romania;
– Representative of MoFA – TBC.
– Mr. Laurențiu TĂNASE, Ph.D., former secretary of state, a lecturer at Faculty of Orthodox Theology, University of Bucharest, Romania;
– Rev. Dr. Valentin ILIE, Center for Studies and Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue, Faculty of Orthodox Theology “Patriarch Justinian”, University of Bucharest;
– Mr. Cătălin BUCIUMEANU, Ph.D., a former adviser on the culture and cults of the Romanian Presidency and president of Advanced Strategy Center.
The presentations and discussions will be in English.
We kindly ask you to send us the answer regarding your participation until the 6th of June 2017 at the email: email@example.com (send also your ID number). We are at your disposition for details.
The access to the Palace of Parliament is entrances A2/S1 (from Izvor Park) or A3/S2 (from Izvor Park), starting at 10:00 am, based on the invitation and personal ID.
We note that all participants in the event will pass through the access filters at the Palace of Parliament.